Sunday, July 19, 2009

So the thing that God spoke to me about over a week ago...now finally makes sense. i didnt just want to dismiss it and obviously it proved tonight that it was what I was supposed to hear. This is definitely a first time for me. Usually i hear God, take it in, recieve, and try to grow from it. But this time around I had no idea what it meant. Tonight... It means so much..its so clear!

"You must identify with Jesus before you identify with anything or anyone else. He will lead you where you belong"


You see, personally identifying with Jesus before anything or anyone else is what puts you in the center of God's will. That's where I want to be. Alot of times I think about where I am and where I'll be, how everything will look, what I need to do right now to get ready...but the whole thing is that if I identify with Jesus, I don't need to worry about that stuff. HE will lead me where I belong. He will open the doors, close the doors, bring people into my life that are supposed to be there. He will help me with ministry, help me be wise with my time, and help me to be the most effective person I can be. Stick with Jesus...everything will go as He has planned. The best possible plan and the most abundant life will be ahead, if I stick and obey and go all out.

I watched a Matthew West documentary today and it really impacted and inspired me. He has a great testimony but the whole thing is that he had this life planned ahead that was going to be awesome. He was getting a contract to record a worship album and do all these awesome things for God. He was going to make an impact. The only thing is that he realized that he didnt do it all God's way... I love how he said that he used to do all these "God" things but at the end of the day he would say to God "I hope you like what I did" instead of looking to God and saying "What do you want me to do?" It just spoke volumes to me. He was driving his life and not God...even if he was doing "good" things it wasn't anything without God being the director of his plans. For me-I think that I don't have to make a grand plan, have everything figured out. I wonder what I will do when school is over or what will happen with ministry and life...but if God is driving the wheel, one day at a time, I will be EXACTLY where I belong.

to identify with jesus...to be unified with God. To be united with fellow believers all reaching one goal ahead. lets do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment