Thursday, March 3, 2011

3-3-11

Sitting at work...thinking...waiting on hold...why not blog right now?!?

The thing most on my mind today was from last nights youth service. We talked alot about how the choices you make today will determine where you are tomorrow. It seems obvious but few people look at their choices and how they will impact their future. So I'm examining this in my own life and looking at my daily "deposits" in life and what they will produce tomorrow. I was really changed last night by a girl that visited our youth group. I was asking her about life and what she likes to do for fun and in her spare time. My usual question is to students is to ask about sports and if they play any because that is something that I could have common ground with them on. She told me that she has a physical condition that prohibits her from playing sports that require running but she hopes to be able to play volleyball next year. I asked her what else she likes to do in her spare time, like shopping, hanging out with friends, or go to the movies (ya know-typical teenage girl stuff!) Her response caught me off guard! She told me that she enjoys using her extra time studying the Bible and getting to know the Lord better. She said that is her main focus right now in life.

Lets just say I didn't expect that response! It is so rare to find a student that has that heart...shoot-I'd like to meet some adults that have that heart! At first you want to say "That's odd!" But then I realized that there was something about this that was so awesome and I really admired. My extra time is sometimes so wasted. I was challenged by her response for sure! I know there are many times when I want to take a lunch break at work so I use the time to go shopping or run errands. How much of that little extra time in the day could I use to spend to get to know God better? This girl has some wisdom that I could learn from!

No comments:

Post a Comment