Monday, August 3, 2009

I just put a two year old to bed...she's hilarious. I was just thinking about how you teach her how to do things and the joy of seeing her be able to do it all on her own. For instance-taking a bath. I have watched the kids ever since kenzie was a baby and so the bath time was a job and hard work...especially with her, bradey being 3, and kalyna being 4. Now its a fun enjoyable time. Bradey and Kalyna can function on their own with me watching and they know what they are doing. I love seeing them grow to be able to function on their own. Kenzi is now getting to the place where she washes her body by herself and can name the body parts like toes, arms, and tummy. Besides the fact that it is cute, it is cool to see how she is growing.

I was thinking about God admist all of this. As I was washing her hair, I was thinking about the joy that God probably gets when He sees us start to do things on our own. Maybe before we had to keep being reminded, we struggled, and we needed a hand...but now we are growing and able to do it on our own. Its alot like giving Kenzi a bath. I don't just leave her on her own even though she can start to do the routine...she still needs my help and guidance. This is the role that God is playing. I don't think he expects us to do it all on our own and use our own strength. He is our strength and our help, even as we are growing. He is the loving father helping us to learn and do the things we are supposed to do in order to mature. Sometimes this requires discipline, just as it is for a child. But it is all in love and to see us grow to reach our max potential. Just as a parent is helping their child, they want them to learn to do things on their own so that they can reach max potential in their lives. Then they see that, grow up, get married, and have kids-only to teach them too. This is just like it is with God. We are growing up, being disciplined, learning...only to share it with others for the sake of helping and ministering.

oh just some thoughts that started with a night of babysitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment