Monday, March 21, 2011

3.21.11

"So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil & watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, & cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it's the only way you'll get on your feet" James 4 [The Message]


I'm having one of those days. I don't know why and that is more aggravating than anything else! The moment I woke up, I'm having issues...it's funny when I reflect back, but in the moment I was a huge cranky angry monster! Then I get to work and it's a day that requires patience...and let's just say that I don't have alot to give! (Thank you Alex, for your prayer for patience the other day! This ones for you!) I just feel overwhelmed...and I think I'm guilty of letting my emotions get over my mind. Yes, I know that we talked about that at church yesterday. Yes, I know that in life group I said that I would work on it! Well...here is the test! This is going to be one crazy week and I am feeling burdened by everything going on-even though it is all good stuff! Why is that? I am too emotional!

But, the great news is that I just spent my lunch break with Jesus and things are better and on the up and up. I cast my burdens to him (at least in my brain...I'm working on my emotions following my brain) and I'm trusting Him with this day. And the next day. And the next day. He is the constant in my life and the faithful one! I love that when you draw near to God, He will draw near to you. I experienced that today and although my problems are not gone, I can feel relief knowing that God has it under control. He is so merciful and good and I am so thankful for the grace that I have been given on this day. I'm totally underserving...to say the least. Thank you Lord for your love! Time to live out the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment