Friday, February 27, 2009

late night ramblings.

its eleven thirty and i'm having late night rambilings. ha! there is alot going on in this little head of mine!

without going toooo heavy, i have been really trying to apply this concept of "crucifying" your passions to God-DAILY. the bible talks about taking up your cross daily and i have said those words countless mornings to God. "God, right now, I just take up my cross and give you my life. I die to my self and want to please you." That is the common mumbo jumbo that comes out of my mouth but I realized that it was starting to become so mundane and habitual...


but this week i decided to start being more specific with God about the things that I am "crucifying" aka: dieing to or giving up so that I can have God's best and live according to the way he wants. Such things as "God, I crucify this desire right now to sleep longer and be lazy. I crucify these thoughts I have and the negative attitude I have going into this situation. I crucify my emotions, the way I feel about this and my desires for this. I crucify my dreams and give them to you." All of these are in my prayers during the common hours of the day. I am recognizing my own self-will, crucifiying it, then.. I am moving forward with everything inside of me. Its a real interesting process but it is what being a Christ follower is about. The constant thing I am battling are my dreams and hopes for the future.. every hour I am giving those to God, and i'm growing! :) it takes time, effort, and relying on God.

so anywhooo, just some of the things on my mind. Some randomosity: I tried to parallel park a car today=bad idea. HA! It was sort of funny! I also had a good joke with God. Okay here is the conversation...

"God, thank you for waking me up this morning. I was real tired and I am surprised that I could get up at 6am and be ready for the day. Thank you for waking me up because I know I was sleeping like a rock....wait, God, you ARE the ROCK! You are my rock!" get it? sleeping like a rock? Hah. I'm lame.

Well, more adventures to come. I'm excited for my education hour class on Sunday and for the next time to hear from God from on Sunday morning. Im stoked to hang with some friends this weekend and to see what God does next....

Psalm 138:8-"The Lord will work out his plans for my life- for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me."


F.G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment