Monday, April 27, 2009

Titus 2:11-14

I really have a lot of thoughts...but I can't find a concise way to write them. eh, i love writing but sometimes its just alot easier to share these thoughts with someone in person. But, no one around...no one who probably has interest or cares...and its like 7:45am. soooo i guess these thoughts will stay in my head. ha. but this last week was great with the IBLP seminar at church. I went in praying about somethings and I was laughing during it because God spoke to me so much about the things that I had on my heart. so i'm stoked and grateful for what I learned. I didn't want to just sit there and not get much out of it...so yey for God. 

I'm ready for this week and to make God famous in my life. To give Him the glory and all the fame in everything I do because everything that I am is BECAUSE of Him. Nothing I did, nothing I deserve. Just the grace of God and the gift of Jesus. Time to live it out. Stop just talking about what God can do...but actually seeing somethings go down. It all comes down to making yourself a living sacrifice. Actually taking your life and putting it on the altar. Sacrificing what you want, what you desire and giving it to Him. Verbalizing that to God- that the very things you want the most you give to Him and know that if you should have them that He will give it back. That is what Jesus did: He gave up all of his rights. It's tough! If you lay down those things...and mean it, its heart wrenching...but this is what it means to follow Christ wholeheartedly.

"For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds." Titus 2:11-14

No comments:

Post a Comment