Monday, November 16, 2009

"The eyes of the Lord are in every place, watching the evil and the good." Proverbs 15:3

"I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind Even to give to each man according to his ways, accoridng to the results of his deeds." Jeremiah 17:10

I think when we say stuff like "God is always watching you", it sounds creepy and you can get paranoid. You wonder what He thinks when He sees us and we think of the bad things we have done while He has been watching. But I started to think about how this Proverbs verse says that the Lord watches the evil and the good. He isn't just looking for the bad in everyone or in every place of humanity. He actually is looking upon us, seeing the good that we do. He sees us and enjoys that we do things with Him in mind and according to His word. As the Jeremiah verse says, He is going to search our heart and test our mind. He will examine both to see our motives and purity. Once again-this can be scary!! However, I believe that if you are doing what you ought to be doing than there is a blessing when God watches over you. He isn't just looking for what we do wrong. God is going to see your effort and your love for Him through your actions, your deeds. And it's not just what our heart is and what our words say, but it is through our deeds-what we do.

This is all interesting to me at this point in my life as I am living out a stance I took a long time ago, and have verbalized to many. It isn't just that God knows my heart and my mind in this, but now He is testing my deeds that are following my feelings and thoughts. The deeds are the thing that will show my faith and trust in God...and will be what He bases any blessing off of. Loving life!

No comments:

Post a Comment