Tuesday, September 1, 2009

God's message to me as of recent

It is crazy how much of a difference your life is when your heart is in the right place. I've noticed this on my own in the last couple months. We always talk about it...but really, when you are right in God's eyes things are so much better. When I consciously decide to go before God with my sin and ask forgiveness, I find life to be full of more joy even though its a painful process. When I put Him first, I see the abundant life I am living even with small meaningless moments. I have also seen the flip side of this when I don't put Him first. I see where I wander and stray. I see the things I let creep in and try to take my joy. But, I am discovering my own weaknesses and faults through this whole process. I can see that when I am tired, I tend to wander more away from God. When I am lazy with my time, I am lazy with God. When I say I will do things later, I really don't most of the time. When I put any secular media into my brain, I think about the wrong things. When I spend time with someone and never talk about God with them, I see where my heart is. When I am at work to just make money and clock out, I see where my heart is. These are my faults. This is how I am wired. lots of character development yet to take place.

The bottom line is this...nothing should take God's place in our hearts. Nothing should take precedence and priority, nothing should take our emotions and focus, nothing should take our thoughts...but God. (1 John 5:21---probably the most relevant verse of my life right now)

And also God has speaking to me about my self-worth, creation, beauty, and value. These topics never get old and I always need to be refreshed. I am messed up on the inside, yet so loved by Him. Jesus perfects my imperfections. My God is the creator of everything and even created me beautifully in every aspect. I am fearfully and wonderfully made in every way. When God looks at me He doesn't even see the flesh. He just looks at my heart.

One more thing--the word Kingdom is coming up all the time in my life. I'm seeing how God would not call me to do anything that is away from this work of the kingdom. It's not like there will be times in life where we can take a break from sowing seeds and speaking to others. That means that no job I work is bigger than this purpose. No activity I want to participate in is without this purpose of telling others about Jesus. Nothing in the future will happen that God doesn't want to use for His kingdom. Even marriage is about the kingdom--we join as one to be more effective for it. Everything is to help others know Jesus better. This is another profound thing in my life. Dominating my thoughts!

Well that's it...its a lot more than that, but there it is. Just some recent ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment