Monday, June 29, 2009

grow. be more.


vacation was awesome....to put it simply. I stepped out of my comfort zone, stepped away from all relationships I interact with daily, and jumped into a whole new lifestyle for 6 days. I got to relax, experience new things, run in the country fields, spend time with Jesus, and just breathe with no stress. it was great. I was praying for this trip to be like this so praise God for that. I knew this whole trip was a God-thing and He wanted it to happen. Many great things came because of this short vacation.

Of all the things I expected and wanted, I especially wanted to grow. I was pushing myself to not be lazy in this week but take advantage of the time I had. I made sure to spend time with God, read my Bible, go out and just see the nature that God created. At one point I was standing at an intersection in the middle of the country and there was no one around for miles...not even a house or cars or anything. I just stopped and was speechless. God made it all and its so beautiful! the fields, the animals, the sun. Then at night time, I saw something that I couldnt possibly put into words. I saw stars like I've never seen in my life. We went out and just gazed at them...and you will never see stars in the city like you do in the country. Once again, how great is our God.

I was cleansed this week. With no media outlets coming through my brain, no news or anything, I almost felt like I was separate from the world. I'm not sure if I like this completely. I like to have a knowledge of whats going on in the news. But the big thing is that I felt alot better without the tv. I felt better without the internet. I felt "cleaner" as weird as that is. My mind was filled with less junk. There is a balance in this for me, but once again I was reminded that these things play a bigger part in my life than what I'd like to admit. When I was there and I was looking for something to do, the tv or internet wasnt avaliable so I just read my Bible or read a book I picked up. I feel so much healthier with this stuff! arghh. Its frustrating because it all comes down to laziness. Its easier to watch TV or get on facebook...but the easiest thing is the worst thing usually. I didnt have any music either which was CRAZY. that was a first. I always listen to music...every morning and night, in the car everywhere I go. A week without music made me realize how much I lean on music to fill the silence. Not sure if this is a bad or good thing yet. ha.

I enjoyed the conversations I was able to have with Kamee. Talking back and forth about controversial subjects, asking the hard questions, getting her take on things that I have never talked about before. We bantered back and forth about what is right and what God thinks about it all compared to the world. This was great and I'm thankful. I believe God had a smile on His face looking at this week and this vacation. Sometimes you wonder if these worldy things like vacations and trips can bring Him glory and praise. This week it did and thats what made it all worth it.

now the thing is to take these things into daily life. I find myself fed up with apathy and sin and passionate about conviction and righteousness. We are only given so much time and I dont want to stand before God saying that I wasted my time away. I dont want to stand before God saying that I was caught up in myself and my life while people are going to hell and wasting away....



“So much attention is paid to the aggressive sins, such as violence and cruelty and greed with all their tragic effects, that too little attention is paid to the passive sins, such as apathy and laziness, which in the long run can have a more devastating effect.” Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment